Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Famous Speeches





And I’ve seen the promised-land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised-land. And I’m happy, tonight. I’m not worried about anything. I’m not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.
Martin Luther King



You ask, what is your aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory! Victory at all costs! Victory in spite of all terrors. Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.
Winston Churchill




And so, many fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.
John F Kennedy



I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony with equal opportunities. It is ideal which I hope to live for, and see realized. But my lord, if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.
Nelson Mandela


No comments:

Post a Comment