Sunday, April 17, 2011

Someone who forgot to live




Night is becoming darker and darker. But I am not feeling sleepy. Memories were troubling my sleep. I walked towards my window. It was raining outside. I felt the shadow of loneliness falling on my face. I am all alone in this world. Yes … his memories are passing in my mind….
I met him near sea shore… To escape from sadness I used to go to sea shore,. To get some relief … one day I heard a sweet voice ‘can I join with you?’ I turned back eagerly. I saw a young boy, who was around ten year old. He smiled at me. He repeated his question. I said,” oh sure”. He sat near me.
I asked his name. He said, “You can call me anything you please. Some call me beggar; some call me bastard while some call me thief. You can call anything you like”. I felt very sad on hearing that. But I could not find any tears in his eyes. But the waves of hunger were floating in his eyes. I asked about his family, but he walked without giving any answer. I understood that he did not like to talk about his family.
I met him many times and was careful in my words. I invited him to my house but he rejected my invitation. One day I could not go the beach due to my bad health. Next day I went eagerly to meet him but I did not meet him that day. Three days passed without our meetings. Each day I went with expectation. I did not know what happened to him. Forth day I saw a crowd in the shore. I went to find out what had happened. Oh no…….. His body was lying…. I don’t know how this happened. That question stick to my mind without any answer…..
It is late night. The entire world is asleep, but me alone is awake…. Tomorrow is the first anniversary of his separation from me… “My dear boy why you did this, why you forgot to live”. I fall in the hands of sleep.
Birds were chirping... it didn’t take much time for me to get ready. I walked towards his cemetery. .. gifted a bouquet of roses… and prayed...
“I am here to pray for him but when I lie for my last sleep who will pray for me”

No comments:

Post a Comment