Tuesday, September 23, 2014

APAR- ANNUAL PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL REPORT



APAR- ANNUAL PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL REPORT

Assessment of quality and functional competency
This report is really valuable for getting hike in your pay band. If you don’t score a minimum 5, hike in 10 years will not be applicable for you. My APAR and rating as follows:-

1.       Quality of output and able to reduce arrears and outstanding items         0.6

2.       Promptness and accuracy in disposal of work with respect to
knowledge of Rules/Regulation/ procedures in the area of function        0.6

3.       Coordination ability                                                                                 0.5

4.       Attitude to work                                                                                       0.6

5.       Sense of responsibility                                                                             0.6

6.       Maintenance of discipline                                                                        0.6

7.       Capacity to do work in team spirit as per time lines                                 0.6

8.       Devotion to duty and punctuality                                                              0.6

9.       Relations with public                                                                                0.6

10.   Ability to maintain calm and composure at times of pressure of work      0.5

Overall grading                                                                                                      5.8

This is a part of the letter corresponding to my APAR from superintendent of Department of post from my date of joining to March 2014. I don’t understand the criteria under which these markings are given. I am not convinced with the marks because the superintendent who rated me under these category is not the person to rate me for my work. Officially there is one monthly report copy posted to his office, the remaining reports are sent to the regional office where there is an accounts officer to look into the figures.

The branch where I am working does have any dealings with the public and my rate is 0.6. A counter clerk rated for public dealings is understandable but the logic in rating me for that reason is not convincible.

Attitude to work and devotion to duty and punctuality – My office hour is from 9am to 5pm. I reach my office at 8.45am and leave office by 5.15pm. People who come at 9.30 am and leave at 4.30 are rated high. This is democracy.

Sense of responsibility- I try my level best to sent monthly reports on time. Reports may be delayed in case the cashbook print is not ready to tally the figures.

Quality of output and able to reduce arrears and pending items- I am sitting along with my colleague and supervisor to clear the balances from 2002 onwards as part of core banking implementation.

Capacity to do work in team spirit – My team comprises of one supervisor and a colleague in a room. Three of us are working and finding ways to find ways to sort out the issues. Can you imagine to sort out an account having minus twenty four lakh balance ( - 24 lakh) in a day or a month?

Maintenance of discipline – I don’t have time to take my food on time, inspite of that what was my indisciplined action.

One aspect I accept, working after knowing the rules – yea i don’t know the entire rules by heart because I am learning things for the past eight months.

Anyway
Salute your superintendent else APAR will go down J

No comments:

Post a Comment