Thursday, September 25, 2014

TA bill

Central government employees have provision to avail travel allowance depending upon the grade pay of the employee. It is not necessary to avail the entire amount but if you are satisfying the criterion you are eligible to apply for the travel allowance and depending on the efficiency of the accountant the bill will be passed sooner or later.

Normally fund is allocated to different divisions twice a year and it is the duty of the accountant to pass the bill accordingly. I applied for my TA bill in the month of January along with my colleagues. The official who is working in regional office got the amount within two months but mine is still in the cup-board of my division accountant. As per the rule,

Officer drawing grade pay Rs 2400 is eligible for first class iii tier AC fare.
You are free to choose the mode of transport but the travel allowance will not exceed iii tier AC fare. If you choose to travel by air also, you are eligible to receive the iii tier ac fare.

When I applied for TA with original documents and application, first reason to deny was division does not have sufficient fund to grant TA. Now when the fund is available, the accountant want me to change the application that I travelled by bus. Many times tried to talk over phone but the accountant was on leave. Then I had to go and meet the accountant, then also that individual insisted me to change by application otherwise my amount will not be granted. I tried to convince that I don’t demand for the full amount, I know what is the eligibility for my grade pay but how can I apply with fake information. Had to meet the accountant and had to convince her.  In the beginning that officer was not at all willing to do it but all of a sudden I got a call from division office telling me I need not change my application but have to produce the boarding pass. I had my travel in December 2013 and from where do I produce it. No idea. Anyway I learnt one thing without the support of any political party you can do something if you know to talk directly. I your intention is pure no officer will try to suppress you. I am thankful to that accountant, though that person panicked me a lot.

When I step out of my office, the head of a political head asked me what the matter is. I explained to him that my TA for the training period is not yet passed. He replied, “Oh you didn’t get that till now?” What do these political leaders think? They just know to collect monthly amount and insist to take you for protest. When you have an issue no politics, nothing will work out. I did not have any political head to talk for me. I had to go with my colleague with the rules and regulations we got from others. Government offices are yet other places of political parties to accumulate money in the name of this and that fund. Monthly a sum will be deducted from your account, that permission and letter they will take from you prior. Still I am not aware of what the money is for, if it is for some magazine where is the publication. Let’s talk about politics another time.

I have no idea on which day the accountant will keep my TA bill on superintendent approval. Hope that moment is near because in the month of December it will be one year celebration of my job appointment. Finally I take a deep sigh with a thought “every dog has a day”.

No comments:

Post a Comment